When I started preparing for Grace’s arrival I did A TON of research on what bath soap, lotion, laundry detergent, etc I was going to use. I did WAY too much reading online and found one site that claimed that Dreft is the best marketing scam to new moms. When I did more research I found out that it contains enzymes and brighteners…which may not be the best for a newborns skin. You can look at this site for a great comparison of different detergents.
After looking at a bunch of different alternatives I picked out the Honest Company. Initially I started buying just baby items but have since branched out. I realized that if I didn’t want to use the products I was currently using on my newborn, why was I using them myself?
Their Essential Bundle is currently $35.95 for 5 products. When I am buying a bundle, I ALWAYS add laundry detergent and other higher priced items to get the best deal. You can also order an additional 3 items and get 25% the additional items. TIP: add the higher priced items first then they will be included in the bundle with the set price of 35.95. Also once you sign up check your email – Honest Company often sends out emails with coupon codes that include 20% off.
Use this link to make an account and your first purchase and you can save $10 off your first purchase. This will bring down the cost per item for a bundle to $5.19 – which is a great price for earth and people friendly products.
Products I currently use and find AMAZING:
1. 4-IN-1 LAUNDRY PACKS (I also buy the liquid laundry detergent as well- If I am getting a bundle I add one of the 4 in 1 laundry packs and one of the liquid laundry detergent because these are two of their higher priced items at 15.95 and 12.95 respectively so I feel like I am getting a better deal to add both. Plus I do A LOT of laundry these days 🙂
2. Oxy Boost – Great to add to wash machine or I mix 1 pack with hot water to pre soak clothes with stains
3. Shampoo + Body Wash
4. FACE + BODY LOTION
5. Healing Balm – I love this stuff, If I see any red mark on Grace I put this on and it seems to help. I use it as diaper cream, cuticle cream, on dry heels, on rashes and here is a link for additional uses.
6. Organic Breathe Easy Rub – This is an essential oil version of Vicks. I must admit that I use to love the burning smell of Vicks when I had a cold. However, I now prefer putting a drop of eucalyptus essential oil on my hands and taking a deep breath in and then applying this Breathe Easy Rub — It seems less harsh then my prior method and more effective (and a much better option for little ones)
7. Hand Soaps
8. Multi- Surface Cleaner – Cleans counters very well and has a nice light grapefruit scent that is not overpowering.
For Moms – I also use the soothing bottom wash when I don’t have my homemade wipes on hand and while I am nursing I prefer their Organic Nipple Balm instead of a lanolin based one.
And, I of course LOVE their diapers (which are not included in the essential bundle but you can purchase a diaper bundle which includes 6 packs of diapers and 4 packs of wipes). Every girl needs some fancy diapers so I love having some of these on hand 🙂 Plus Grace’s bum looks extra cute wearing a chevron diaper.
When you sign up for bundles you will subscribe to monthly shipments. However, you can push back your shipments for up to 2 months at a time online or you can call and cancel at anytime.