This is one of my go to recipes! It’s quick, easy and best of all tastes so good (it also keeps/reheats well for lunches). If you couldn’t tell before – I love using quinoa because it’s a complete source of protein, high in fiber and packed with nutrients – yet can be used in place of a grain.
What you need:
– One zucchini
– 4-5 medium size carrots
– 1/2 Medium onion
– 2 cloves garlic
– 1 8 oz package of mushrooms
– 4 eggs
– 3-4 cups cooked quinoa
– 2 Tablespoons soy sauce
– 2 Tablespoons teriyaki marinade
1. Dice all vegetables or use this (it works so well and makes dicing a lot of vegetable so much easier) and sauté them along with the garlic in oil – I use either coconut oil or olive oil (depending on my nutritional stance on coconut oil at the time)
2. Once the vegetables are soft push them to the side of the pan making a hole in the middle, crack the 4 eggs into this hole and scramble them
3. Once the eggs are cooked add the quinoa, soy sauce and teriyaki marinade.
4. Stir together and ENJOY